This forum is now locked. But memories are lolz.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

snuke. v fcuk: - Tuesday 23rd 8pm! (6v6 Friendly)

+5
Grem`
They said
Poop
motiv
hezitate
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

snuke. v fcuk: - Tuesday 23rd 8pm! (6v6 Friendly) Empty snuke. v fcuk: - Tuesday 23rd 8pm! (6v6 Friendly)

Post  hezitate Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:10 am

Hi Guys,

Another friendly match against a team with some points, hopefully after our match with NiCeY we can have a better feel for 6v6 matches? Very Happy

Again rules will be a single medic and then up to 2 of each class, so please do a /sign + the class you'd like to play. It will be on Gravelpit!

Cheers

Slot1 - Hez
Slot2 - Rob
Slot3 - Poop
Slot4 - Grem
Slot5 - Killing
Medic - Motiv

Sub - Adel

Last edited by hezitate on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:03 pm; edited 4 times in total

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

snuke. v fcuk: - Tuesday 23rd 8pm! (6v6 Friendly) Empty Re: snuke. v fcuk: - Tuesday 23rd 8pm! (6v6 Friendly)

Post  motiv Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:18 am

/sign

Medic
motiv
motiv

Back to top Go down

snuke. v fcuk: - Tuesday 23rd 8pm! (6v6 Friendly) Empty Re: snuke. v fcuk: - Tuesday 23rd 8pm! (6v6 Friendly)

Post  Poop Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:04 am

Awesome.
/sign Demo
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post  They said Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:21 am

/sign

Soldier/Scout

They said

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:21 am

I was on a PUG game some time ago with a fck solly. Pretty good from what I can remember.
Oh, /sign heavy/medic/scout
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:43 am

/sign as a sub Medic if needed

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KillingYouGuy! Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:45 pm

/sign Heavy!
KillingYouGuy!
KillingYouGuy!

Back to top Go down

Post  motiv Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:48 am

what are the maps btw. I'm hoping dustbowl and pro_granary Very Happy
motiv
motiv

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:34 am

Gravelpit, not sure if we are playing a second but if so we can say whatever i suppose =]

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:23 am

TODAY

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  motiv Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:43 am

I'm hoping I can make this my internet was fubar yesterday with pings of 400!
motiv
motiv

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:30 am

If we can get everyone playing tonight on our server by 7:30ish so we can run through some gravelpit defense ideas (and also maybe attacking?)

My vague plan was to have everyone holding B (I think that a split defense could fail pretty quick if we get unlucky)

Depending on the team we play defense?

Hez - soldier
Rob - soldier/scout/sniper??
Grem - Heavy/scout/soldier?
Killing - Heavy
Poop - Demo
Motiv - Medic

So maybe 2 soldiers, heavy, demo, sniper/scout, medic?

Id say an engineer but people can just uber and take it out fairly quickly I would say

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:01 am

Ok so if we try and get some demos from tonights game (and also maybe any others if we have them) and try and convert them for Grem (how do you do that grem, something like startmovie?)

Also, Jag does the website have any additional webspace we could upload these videos onto, otherwise i suppose we can just transfer them normally to Grem

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  motiv Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:03 am

Really looking forward to this match. After playing the pugs where the medic is constantly abused for not healing the entire team simultaniously, it will make a nice change to have people tell me what's going on.

Saying that I've had a couple of pugs where everyone was in tip top form. Pleasure playing them.
motiv
motiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:08 am

imho you definitely don't want Killing AND Grem as heavies on defence hez. A heavy soaks up damage so much he needs a personal medic, the medic can only uber one, and what will 2 do that one couldn't anyway? (since they pretty much sit in one spot and spray, on defence).

On defence if you're allowed 2 demos take them!

Heh, not that I'm exactly a tactics expert but demos on defence always just seem the most effective chars to me.

edit: also motiv I hope your 'net connection is OK, but I'll be idle on vent / irc if there's problems and you do need a sub. Although my ping got so fucked up on doomy's yesterday I had to quit (grem's too) so I dunno what's going on there..

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:43 am

My idea of B defense was something along the lines of:

Heavy + medic in the house, Soldier on the roof (goes to the far right side of the roof to get healed from the medic below), soldier watching the backdoor and the medics back, demo behind the house but watching the front ramp and behind the rocks, sniper(?) watching behind the house towards the rocks area to help support the demo.

What does everyone else think? Maybe 2 demos and only the 1 soldier? or change the sniper for a demo/engineer/scout?

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  motiv Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:01 am

ah, perhaps it's just doomies. I know I have an internet conn at the mo, so hopefully I'll be fine.

As for tactics...
Attacking, maybe a spy will be of use. The medic is quite vulnerable on B unless he's outside. IS there a setup time btw? If not it might be an idea for the medic to hang back with someone getting an uber, while the rest try to take out a couple of the defenders then on respawn hit B hard with an uber.

I personally would think A could be an easier defensive position as you can see what's coming at you. Especially spies as it's a long way top stay invisible and can be spotted. Would be interesting to see Smile
motiv
motiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Poop Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:43 am

I'll do whatever is needed of me. I'm in a good mood, just passed my driving test with three minors half an hour ago Very Happy
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post  motiv Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:39 am

Poop wrote:I'll do whatever is needed of me. I'm in a good mood, just passed my driving test with three minors half an hour ago Very Happy

Congrats cheers
motiv
motiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:49 am

Congrats. Being able to drive the first time by yourself feels great doesn't it Very Happy

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:51 am

Oh and wrt defending, on B there's lots of ammo and health scattered around but on A there's only the one health pack and getting stuck in that small room which it's in is suicide really. I think maybe that's why it's easier to defend B, plus A has no good sentry positions at all while B has a couple that are OK-ish.

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:53 am

Grats Poop. You got wheels waiting?

I had my first crash 1 day after passing my test (passed first time I should add)... be careful out there, I'd hate for you to get smashed up (as I'd have to edit the Snuke members page on the website) Laughing

Admin
Admin

https://snuke.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:18 am

Poop wrote:I'll do whatever is needed of me. I'm in a good mood, just passed my driving test with three minors half an hour ago Very Happy

Haha gz man. My ping was wierd last nite cos I found out my housemate was watchin youtube in the next room without me knowing :/ Should be fine today as he's working tonite.

Attack wise, this is what I'm thinkin. Heavy, med, 2xsoldier, demo, scout. Take A first sending the scout on ahead with the second solly to B through C. They can harass them for a while, but not to engage them as we need the whole team to take B. Once A is capped proceed to B from the back. When we're comfortable in capping B, send 1 solly and heavy to A to harass them and not engage. Medic should still have his uber by now if it all goes well. Medic and Demo use the uber to take out sentry, once it's down, the other push forward, using the rest of the uber on the sollies so they rocketjump to the top, then staying on the heavy.
This is just an outline and a best case scenario.

For defense, engi/scout, medic, solly, heavy, demo, scout. Engi builds on the ramp as there are no blindspots to attack it. Also, they'll have to use an uber to take it down. If the engi dies and the sentry is down, switch to scout. Scouts on gravelpit defense are very good. I volunteer to go engi and then scout. Demo stickies the spawn door of A as I reckon they'll go for A aswell. Leave the demo and scout on A, the rest at B. If the demo and scout can hold em for long without losing they're lives that would be handy. Fall back to B and defend with the rest. As for C, we don't need an engineer at C, as the sentries can be taken out without ubers. A second scout or another solly would be helpful here.

Robs a better scout than me, so reckon he can go primary scout whilst attacking. I can be the second solly. I can do engi/scout on defense aswell.

ps: this is the usual pandemic strat which I gleaned from their demos. They usually use a sniper than the heavy tho, but I'm sure killing can show them otherwise farao
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  KillingYouGuy! Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 am

Grem` wrote:
ps: this is the usual pandemic strat which I gleaned from their demos. They usually use a sniper than the heavy tho, but I'm sure killing can show them otherwise farao

By sniping with a Heavy? :p (Tho I can do a good impression of a spy sometimes!)

Defence at B does sound good, although it's possible for a Heavy/Medic to hold A for a while if they're not overwhelmed, and in 6v6 that's tricky for them to do. Trouble is I keep wanting to bring Natascha there for the slowdown over the larger distances, then it nerfs up-close damage. Stick with B for safety.

This isn't an ED match is it? I've not changed my setup at all, I seem to remember there were some things they needed installing?

I'm stuck at work til 6.15 (slept through alarm til 10.15 :s but yay for flexitime means I can stay late to make up for it) but I'll try and be online and on Vent for sometime between 7 and 7.30 for some pre-match tactics stuff.
KillingYouGuy!
KillingYouGuy!

Back to top Go down

Post  jagbama Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:02 am

You'll need XAC (Xray Anti Cheat) guys, the match info on ED states it's mandatory (even tho it's a friendly?) Neutral

Good luck btw, you'd better win; I don't want to be editing the website already Evil or Very Mad

[edit] just been looking on their clan site, they lost 0-2 to NiCeY in Arena if that gives you encouragement Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
jagbama
jagbama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next