This forum is now locked. But memories are lolz.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiting?

+6
Xian
jagbama
hezitate
Grem`
r7an
Adel
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Recruiting? Empty Recruiting?

Post  Adel Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:42 pm

We were almost short on players for the latest match. I\'ve also sort of lost track of what\'s happening with a few .snuke people, but it does seem like maybe we could do with one or two more active members, esp. seeing as Jag\'s not gonna be on so much for a while.

--What\'s happened with KillingYouGuy? Note not been online for a bit and you\'ve lost your .snuke tag on my friends list...
--Karma? You around at all?
--Motiv? You still around? I don\'t think I\'ve seen you on in ages

There's still a fair pool of good people on Doomy's to choose from if we do want more recruits. If Killing\'s not around we could probably use another decent heavy, and Trane would be an obvious choice - very good heavy, and knows how to use his mic. And it does seem also we might need another medic, as I'm the only one who\'s active and online at the moment - unless r7an wants to play medic more, in which case instead we could use another solly. Not sure who on doomy's would be good to recruit as medic...I know there are some good medics on the server at the moment, their names just aren't coming to mind. Any suggestions welcome...

edit: f_ro's not bad as medic actually and uses his mic too.

It'd also be fun to lure Gov away from eXs if we could, since he\'s vying with Dirk for best demo on doomy\'s, is a good medic, and is also a very good heavy. But I guess Doomy\'d probably remove his admin if he quit eXs.

edit2: yeah you're right r7an, Arson's pretty good as a lot of stuff. Although probably best at demoman, and we've got more of them than anything else. Plus I don't think he has a mic atm.

edit3: why is the forum inserting backslashes before all my apostrophes after I submit the post?

Last edited by Adel on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recruiting? Empty Re: Recruiting?

Post  r7an Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Arson? He said to me that he was planning on leaving exs for a competitive clan.

Trane is a very good shout. F ro is a very good soldier too.

I wouldn't mind playing medic if you fancied a change Adel, I feel alot more comfortable as a Soldier though.
r7an
r7an

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:52 pm

r7an wrote:I wouldn't mind playing medic if you fancied a change Adel, I feel alot more comfortable as a Soldier though.

I'm happy medicing and I'm anyway not really good enough at anything else (save maybe heavy, but we don't need those on many maps) to play it in matches. I'm just thinking about matches when I'm not around, two good medics is nice to have so there'll always be one who can play.

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  r7an Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:19 pm

Grem's a good medic. I'm ok as well so we have 3 able medics already I would say?

I can't think of anyone really. Mind's went blank!
r7an
r7an

Back to top Go down

Post  r7an Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:05 pm

Kinky257 is a good soldier.
r7an
r7an

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:28 pm

Arson's the only one who pique's my attention on doomy's tbh. He's a very good all round player, but the only downside being not having a mic. I don't mind playing medic tbh if it's required. Hell, I switched to medic that one game in granary where motiv lagged out or something.
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:56 am

Recruitment wise, I've asked F_ro a few times now and each time he hasn't been that bothered to join so I'm pretty sure he is probably still not bothered.

Kinky is a good soldier with a mic, even that :> guy seems pretty good in last few days I've seen him

As for Arson, he is a top player, but doesnt like to talk, I think he did go out and get a mic but doesnt like to use it? I personally would welcome him because he is a top bloke, but would need to use his mic.

Trane I would also welcome Smile

Might start asking around tonight then guys, see who is interested

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  r7an Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:13 am

I don't think Arson does have a mic yet Hez, but he did say he wanted to join a clan so I guess he is planning on using/getting one.
r7an
r7an

Back to top Go down

Post  jagbama Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:57 am

+1 for Trane, +1 for Arson - if he gets a mic.

We need to be *ahem* careful on how we approach eXs ppl, don't want to be seen as poaching or ruffling feathers tbh. For that reason I'd say Gov's a no.
jagbama
jagbama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:44 am

jagbama wrote:
We need to be *ahem* careful on how we approach eXs ppl, don't want to be seen as poaching or ruffling feathers tbh. For that reason I'd say Gov's a no.

Yeah. Gov is a good player, but he has too much loyalty to [eXs]. He knows loads of ppl there irl and I don't think he would leave them for us. That, and he doesn't play that much either. Arson/trane would be great on our team tbh. Trane is a good heavy/medic/solly and arson a great scout/demo, I would recommend treading lightly when recruiting [eXs] members. Maybe have a word with keeny or gov beforehand. They seem the most level headed.
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  jagbama Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:35 am

ok.I'll ask trane if everyone is cool with that.

Also suspect the others are lost in world of Warcraft...
jagbama
jagbama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xian Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:15 am

tbh id stay away from the known eXs - gov /keeny/boren/jak/gwill etc, they been together since before tf2.

only one i can recommend is ronnie, Rho "hates" him, but hes becomming a top scorer, and most of the time he is a very comptent medic.
Xian
Xian
Pyromainiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:17 pm

jagbama wrote:

Who, if you don't mind me asking?
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:31 pm

I asked Trane, who said he'd be agreeable. I told Hez to message him, but not sure you saw I wrote that?

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jagbama Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Grem` wrote:
jagbama wrote:

Who, if you don't mind me asking?

Will (KYG) is a safe bet Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
jagbama
jagbama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poop Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Adel wrote:It'd also be fun to lure Gov away from eXs if we could, since he\'s vying with Dirk for best demo on doomy\'s
Pff I are offended, I always pwn Dirk and Gov when I go Demo >Sad
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Poop wrote:
Adel wrote:It'd also be fun to lure Gov away from eXs if we could, since he\'s vying with Dirk for best demo on doomy\'s

Sorry poop, but dirk's better at clever demoman-ing (spawncamping, stickies in unexpected places, finding good spots to shoot from) and gov's better at the sheer "use stickies like a rocket launcher but better and go around killing everyone" side of things.

Overall, you just lose. LOSER

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jagbama Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:02 pm

Adel wrote:
Poop wrote:

Sorry poop, but dirk's better at clever demoman-ing (spawncamping, stickies in unexpected places, finding good spots to shoot from) and gov's better at the sheer "use stickies like a rocket launcher but better and go around killing everyone" side of things.

LOL

To be fair, Gov always gets a pet medic coz he makes good use of mic and protects his medic, helps a lot. Poop has to rely on his natural skillz and cunningz Rolling Eyes

Had a chat with Trane, said Adel had asked, he's up for it and will register on here soon Very Happy
jagbama
jagbama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poop Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:12 am

Adel wrote:Sorry poop, but dirk's better at clever demoman-ing (spawncamping, stickies in unexpected places, finding good spots to shoot from) and gov's better at the sheer "use stickies like a rocket launcher but better and go around killing everyone" side of things.

Don't know where you've been but I use stickies to kill everyone all the time and for some reason they find destroying sentries a lot more difficult than I. The only thing I don't do is spawncamp. And as Jag says Gov always has a pet medic and I still play better than him. I'll show you the next time that Dirk, Gov and I are on the server!
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:33 am

Ah sorry Adel didn't see your message to me, welcome Trane!

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  r7an Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:23 am

Nice one, welcome Trane! Very Happy
r7an
r7an

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:42 am

I'm just kidding Poop Wink The original comment obviously meant best non-snuke demos on Doomy's - we've already poached the best ones.

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trane Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:47 am

Hi folks, I have agreed to join you lot for some clan fun, I'd been starting to miss it recently Very Happy

I know you all well enough to not need an introduction proper, so I'll catch you online.

Trane

Back to top Go down

Post  Poop Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:01 am

Oh OK. And hai Trane! I like you ALOT!
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:27 am

Trane wrote:Hi folks, I have agreed to join you lot for some clan fun, I'd been starting to miss it recently Very Happy

I know you all well enough to not need an introduction proper, so I'll catch you online.

Oh hai! Welcome to snuke. The first rule of snuke is HILDAWG.
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum