This forum is now locked. But memories are lolz.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dustbowl names

+2
Adel
Xian
6 posters

Go down

dustbowl names Empty dustbowl names

Post  Xian Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:39 am

1st map, using GTactix, there are some places with a number and ???, these places i couldnt think up a name for, and put it to u lot to find one, just list here with name and number, and i can update the map and repost it Smile

map:

dustbowl names Dustynames-1

1st time using this tool, and with that, i didnt save a strat, so ive lost all that work and only have the pic .. so i got to redo all of it Rolling Eyes

edit: i have redone the map and saved the strat cheers

Last edited by Xian on Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Xian
Xian
Pyromainiac

Back to top Go down

dustbowl names Empty Re: dustbowl names

Post  Xian Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:42 am

also, those with GTactix, im using the "extra detail" map pack for TF2, if you use this, ill see if i can put up some of the strat files for you lot pirat
Xian
Xian
Pyromainiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:15 am

That's a good point. Learning our lefts from our rights is something snuke needs to work on (I'm looking at you Jagbama and Hez Razz )

'Twas very funny in the match watching everyone run right after Jag says they're coming out of the right tunnel, and then all leg it back left when we figure out what he really meant Very Happy

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xian Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:34 pm

almost a week, and not one bit of help, oh well least i know what im up against
Xian
Xian
Pyromainiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Poop Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:58 pm

My poor suggestions for a couple:
1 = left hut
2 = platform
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post  jagbama Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:03 am

4. Middle choke point?
jagbama
jagbama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:51 am

Sorry Xian, but I'm not very good at spacial awareness ('tis annoying...I fail the symbols/shapes part of IQ tests and so on) . I can't match that top-down picture to my mental map of DB I'm afraid so suggesting names for bits of it is a bit pointless.

Imo also we do already know where most stuff is....we just say "left corridor/doorway/hut", or "top right" or whatever. Seems to work OK, so long as we are clear on left and right.

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xian Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:05 am

after a bit of time playing tf2 and trying to figure out stuff for tictacs, naming places cant be done properly, as some maps are situational based I.E. progressive like dusty / goldie, seems only the true cp and ctf, can be named, but the down side is, most maps a large and have meny entrances and walkways. Yes you could name them all, but trying to figure out what name to say when it happens will be a pain, most of the time the generic voice spam that we throw out is recogisable over vent/ingame, so naming shit would be a pointless endevour.

in addition, some may find this utterly pointless, but ive finally finished a ledge database for scouts (and can be also demo/solly) for random choke ambushes. since done, im now playing around with demo jump points, best one so far - pl_badwater, blu 1st spawn all the way to thier 2nd spawn/ 2nd cap area (that rised bit next to the locked spawn that comes active after the 3rd cap Cool )
Xian
Xian
Pyromainiac

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:27 am

Xian wrote: best one so far - pl_badwater, blu 1st spawn all the way to thier 2nd spawn/ 2nd cap area (that rised bit next to the locked spawn that comes active after the 3rd cap Cool )

Oh yes, we know ALL about that one Mad Mad -[MG]- beat us on badwater using that tactic...we didn't even realise it was possible until we got owned by it Shocked

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  r7an Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:00 am

Adel wrote:
Xian wrote: best one so far - pl_badwater, blu 1st spawn all the way to thier 2nd spawn/ 2nd cap area (that rised bit next to the locked spawn that comes active after the 3rd cap Cool )

Oh yes, we know ALL about that one Mad Mad -[MG]- beat us on badwater using that tactic...we didn't even realise it was possible until we got owned by it Shocked

I still think that's a bit low doing that in an ED match.
r7an
r7an

Back to top Go down

Post  Xian Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:11 am

its only demo jumping, only thing im interested in is my ledge using, i think it would be bad to use them in an ED match, wereas jumping half the map isnt, as ur not breaking the map or going beyond map limits, and since its now only one demo per team it souldnt be hard to stop ppl from doing it now
Xian
Xian
Pyromainiac

Back to top Go down

Post  r7an Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:26 am

Xian wrote:its only demo jumping, only thing im interested in is my ledge using, i think it would be bad to use them in an ED match, wereas jumping half the map isnt, as ur not breaking the map or going beyond map limits, and since its now only one demo per team it souldnt be hard to stop ppl from doing it now

No I mean spawm camping as a demo, on that ledge bit. I was really pissed off when MG done that because that really was the only reason they won.

I just don't find it a very fair tactic.
r7an
r7an

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:49 am

I've seen scouts hanging around enemy spawns in granary and badlands to take out medics. Annoying as hell, but nothing wrong with it.
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum