This forum is now locked. But memories are lolz.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny old world

+3
Adel
Poop
jagbama
7 posters

Go down

Funny old world Empty Funny old world

Post  jagbama Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:28 am

Well, a laugh at my expense for you all... last night I was having a nightmare. Twist-stabs not registering, couldn't dodge, couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

My natural reaction, of course, was OMGHAX and QQ and general grumpiness leading to ragequit.

Later the same evening... I looked at my mouse, a Logitech G5. Of course I'd knocked the mouse speed button from fastest down to slowest without realising. DOH!

Got me thinking though... what gear does everyone use? Is there any interest in a gear thread?

Or is that just too nerdy for words? Shocked

C'mon, tell me. I can take it Laughing Laughing Laughing
jagbama
jagbama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Funny old world Empty Re: Funny old world

Post  Poop Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 pm

I just use whatever I get. I have some sort of wireless Logitech mouse, which works fine. Gear thread wouldn't benefit me I don't think.
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:38 pm

An internet geek forum almost doesn't seem complete without a "post your desktop" / "post your gear" thread where everyone can wave their e-peens around. So go for it.

Myself I really loved those Saitek Eclipse keyboards (the originals not the new ones). Nicest I've ever found to type on plus they look really good. But after breaking a total of three now I've had to go for a Logitech instead. Can't beat logitech stuff really anyways...if only they made screens too my whole desk would be covered in stuff with their logo, lol.

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KillingYouGuy! Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:25 pm

I shun posh gear when bog-standard will do, so I have a £5 Tesco job for a keyboard! As my old mouse was dying a bit, constantly making me look up and spin round playing TF2, I invested in a Logitech MX518 at the recommendation of the Doomy's forumites, and though I thought the on-the-fly sensitivity was a bit of a gimmick, it is kinda useful!
KillingYouGuy!
KillingYouGuy!

Back to top Go down

Post  They said Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:04 pm

I have an mx518 too, its a great mouse, had it a few years now and its still going strong. My keyboard is just some generic microsoft keyboard though.

They said

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:40 pm

MX518 and some generic logitech keyboard. farao
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Time to step this up?

My machine is a Intel Core2duo 2.66Ghz (Clocked at 3.6Ghz)
2Gb Corsair Dominator XMS2 (running at 1080Mhz)
Asus P5K (Black Pearl Edition?)
Ati 3870HD 512Mb
X-Fi soundcard + sennheiser headphones
Logitech G15 Keyboard + G9 Mouse (@2000dpi)
NEC 20" monitor

Not the best rig in the world but does me well enough Wink

+ I definitely recommend the G9 for those who aren't sure about getting a new mouse, where as the G15 is just any old keyboard that lights up (still sort of handy).

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:59 pm

hezitate wrote:Time to step this up?

If we must....

C2Q Q6600 (watercooled with Fuzion block and 240 rad) (OC'd to 3.0, running stable but hot at 60+ deg C...need to try reseating CPU block and getting bubbles out of system I think)
EVGA 8800GTS 320MB (stock cooling) (OC'd to 648/999)
3GB Corsair PC-5300 5-5-5-15 (will be trying to tighten these at some point)
Abit P-35 mobo
1x 120GB, 1x 250GB and 1x 500GB Seagate Barracudas
Hiper 550W modular PSU
Creative Audigy 4 (now rendered utterly pointless as Vista doesn't support the old HAL for EAX etc and the lazy fuckers at Creative can't be arsed to rewrite their drivers. Will never buy a Creative product again)

Dell 20" widescreen and Samsung 19" 4:3
Logitech MX1000
Logitech G11
Wacom Graphire A6 pad
Sennheiser headphones
Logitech 2.1 speakers

First time I've ever had cause to actually type all that shit out actually. Would love to upgrade (or at least buy a case and mount my watercooling stuff properly...atm it's all blue-tacked over the gutted insides of half an old case....I dread the day I spill a drink or something down into it :/ ) but cash needs to be spent on more important stuff atm Sad

edit: bought a case and mounted watercooling stuff properly. Also had a proper go at overclocking CPU...3.0GHz stable, possibly could push higher but happy with that atm plus it's getting a bit on the hot side already. Q6600 really does overclock amazingly Surprised I pushed it straight to 3.0, without increasing Vcore at all, and once I got the FSB:RAM ratio right (was on 5:4 default which caused some crashes since the RAM was being pushed a bit far...it's only cheapo stuff) it's totally happy at that speed first try Very Happy

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down