This forum is now locked. But memories are lolz.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

time for a team outing?

+5
KillingYouGuy!
Adel
hezitate
Grem`
jagbama
9 posters

Go down

time for a team outing? Empty time for a team outing?

Post  jagbama Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:57 am

So then... I'm away from my home pc for a week, but it would be cool to get a game organised where we're all on the same side... next Saturday any good to everyone?

We could either stack on someone's server (Doomys appears to have stacking re-enabled Laughing ) or try to challenge someone with a server to a match... what do y'all think? Nothing too serious, just a first outing to establish how we all get on as a team...

Side note, it was nice to see snuke regularly topping the scoreboard on Doomys last night Very Happy ... if I was at home I'd post a screenshot Sad
jagbama
jagbama
Admin

Back to top Go down

time for a team outing? Empty Re: time for a team outing?

Post  Grem` Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:14 am

Hehe we could stack on doomy's, but the other regs won't like the steam rolling Razz cheers
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Maybe make a post on doomys if eXs want a match, maybe Grey will let us use his server? Hopefully we can start looking into getting ourselves a game server, I havent really looked a prices yet but ill check the ED sponsered ones as well as INX and any others that you guys would recommend?

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Haha yeah, in all the games I've played the last few days, I swear there's been a snuke. on the top of at least one team scoreboard every round.

Sadly not me most of the time....Doomy's seems to have so many medics on now, and I'm failing as hard as ever at soldier :/

edit: re. playing vs eXs I've seen them to try to organise matches before and it always fizzles out. I don't think they actually play *anything* as a clan in TF2.

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Yea, ill try and ask keeny and some of the others, see if they are up for a little fun match

Second question is: Do we want to play in the 6v6 (no crits) or the 8v8 (with crits) ladder on enemydown??

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Depends on how many active ppl we will have tbh. Would be nicer not to play 6v6 and have ppl sitting out of matches...but obv. can't play 8v8 if we don't have 8 online!

I would say 6v6 personally though 'cos I love the idea of there being no crits (as medic). So much easier not to screw up and lose my uber to a random crocket ^^

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Yea I also think 6v6 would be best, we have 10 guys but not everyone can always make it, and I have a feeling we might have the odd time when we cant get 8. Also, going with no crits is always nice and shows more skill (although the more damage you do, the more crits you get) Still, im planning on getting us a 16player server so we can do both if we decide in the future to switch to 8v8 (if we miss luckycrits Razz)

Unless anyone has any objections I might just go with an INX server again, although looking at it, the enemydown servers seem pretty awesome??

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:18 pm

6v6 no crits defo for now. I played some 6v6 pugs (as a Med) on the tf2 PUG channel, and they were so intense. One of the things I noticed was constant communication and avoiding deaths at all costs (even if it means you use your uber - 15s respawn can make you lose the game in a jippy). I wasn't really used to healing a small team, and there are so many different tactics to use especially with such a compact team.
Also like ya said, we wont always have 8 ppl to field, but 6 should be no problem.

Oh, hez, you have the ip for any INX TF2 server, so that I can check my ping on it? Mucho gracias jocolor

edit: I just caught this: TF2 Season 3. Might be a fun endeavour bounce
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  KillingYouGuy! Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:41 pm

Wow, I'm gonna have to practice this 6v6 style, I'm so used to crits and cheap death! Nocrit servers still allow 100% crit effects like Backburner, Kritzkrieg and KGB don't they though? A good KGB punch can be a lifesaver...

As for scoreboards, how's this:
time for a team outing? Pl_goldrush0000-1

But yeah, I'm up for anything really, I'm easily adaptable!
KillingYouGuy!
KillingYouGuy!

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:25 pm

Yea, afaik backburner, KGB and Kritzkrieg all still crit on 'nocrit' servers

but havent really tested it

Also, here is a server to test guys
(INX servers - 85.234.148.30:27035)
(Multiplay.co.uk - 85.236.101.66:27515)
Cant seem to find any obvious enemydown clanservers, and jolt always seem crappy to me

Multiplay.co.uk seems quite a bit cheaper as well to be honest (and you get more voice slots for free!) - Grem and everyone test both of these for your average pings, but thinking might go for a Multiplay server!

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:35 pm

I'm happy with 8v8 or 6v6 either way - 8v8 gives more room to accomodate spies tho' Very Happy

Looking at servers, ED seems to be better value than Jolt or INX or any others I've seen - time for us to try our pings on one of those too?

We'd need a 18-slot server I think, don't ED games require a couple of spare slots for a Spec and SourceTV (I guess to police it)..? I'm happy to stump up a chunk towards a year in advance (saves a bit) if someone wants the hassle of maintaining it lol Laughing

Admin
Admin

https://snuke.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Multiplay UK - 34-36 ms
INXS - 44-46 ms

Multiplay are the ones that host the PUG servers, and I ping a a smooth 22ms there. MPUK ftw alien

edit: Thats more like it:

time for a team outing? Snukepowapx8

ps: That rob showing off in the background

Last edited by Grem` on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:28 pm

I know I get good pings on Multiplay public servers.

Wrt to money, I don't wanna sound negative or anything but I've been in quite a lot of startup clans before in GW that have petered out due to lack of activity or ppl getting fed up with losing etc etc. I've kinda learned the hard way that stumping up money in advance to pay for servers is a bad idea. I mean, I hope snuke all works out well but, well, I'm not gonna put cash behind that hope yet. As I say, experience means I'm a bit wary.

I hope that's not a problem. How much does getting a TF2 server on a (monthly?) basis cost, anyway? I really have no idea.

Last edited by Adel on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:49 pm

jagbama wrote:Side note, it was nice to see snuke regularly topping the scoreboard on Doomys last night Very Happy ... if I was at home I'd post a screenshot Sad

I got a few today:

Nice and symmetrical 104 each Very Happy (+thisname coming a lowly second)

time for a team outing? 104_sn11

More Adel and Toasty on top

time for a team outing? Adel_a11

And even more

time for a team outing? Adelto11

All different maps btw, I think. Or at least different rounds.

And your shot is quality Grem Very Happy 103, 104, 105. It's like you all planned it.

Last edited by Adel on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poop Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:20 pm

We f*cking PWN!

Saturdays fine aye.
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post  Poop Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:30 pm

time for a team outing? Pic13

Here is one i'm proud of. It's pre-snuke but you can see Killingyouguy! and I owning everyone. Smile
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:56 am

Yep, as Adel said, I have also had the same thing happen before where stuff has been paid for upfront and after a few weeks people have got bored, not that im suggesting I think that is going to happen here.

So my plan is to get us a multiplay server for 1 month (or maybe 3 depending on discount as im sure it will be used as a doomy backup public if worst comes to worst Razz) + a ventrilo server and then see how it goes and how everyones ping is on the server + vent etc

Hopefully I will be able to get it sorted tonight, does anyone have any experience with setting up server config files (if we can have a 'public' config and a 'match' config so we can change between? Think Enemydown would probably have a match config somewhere that you can get to put on a server?)

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma_Twisted Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:02 am

Adel wrote:Haha yeah, in all the games I've played the last few days, I swear there's been a snuke. on the top of at least one team scoreboard every round.

Sadly not me most of the time....Doomy's seems to have so many medics on now, and I'm failing as hard as ever at soldier :/

edit: re. playing vs eXs I've seen them to try to organise matches before and it always fizzles out. I don't think they actually play *anything* as a clan in TF2.

I wouldn't worry about the influx of medics, I think theres alot of people from the free weekend joining and playing as medic first to get those unlocks. It's been the bane of alot of our losses actually.

But yeah I'm up for this, send me an invite in steam whenever you need me, even if I'm in a different game and I'll come along. I've been playing a bit of quake wars for my twitch fix so I might be playing that.
Karma_Twisted
Karma_Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post  motiv Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:14 am

O gawd, the new medics!!

You run at em on fire, shouting medic only to die at their feet. Makes me wanna cry.

They you get the new Heavies who constantly shout for a medic...makes me angry

Twisted Evil
motiv
motiv

Back to top Go down

Post  KillingYouGuy! Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:14 pm

Aw, doh, I'm away this Saturday to test the new server out. Ah well.
KillingYouGuy!
KillingYouGuy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:22 am

Grem` wrote:Multiplay UK - 34-36 ms
INXS - 44-46 ms

Multiplay are the ones that host the PUG servers, and I ping a a smooth 22ms there. MPUK ftw alien

edit: Thats more like it:

time for a team outing? Snukepowapx8

ps: That rob showing off in the background

WELL someone has to stand up to you gits! Razz

Xuberant

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:04 am

Haha, hey Xuberant. Welcome to the forums cheers
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down