Snuke Frag Video

Go down

Snuke Frag Video

Post  Grem` on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:27 pm

Right, I'm sure some of you know that i'm working on making a snuke frag video. I was halfway through making a ut2k4 for my old clan, but due to unforseeable circumstances I had to drop it prematurely. I have already have some footage of some snuke players aka rob and me Razz So if anyone has any demos they'd like to send me, feel free. Any questions on how to record etc can be answered by TF2Wiki

You can post it on stuff like rapidshare or sendspace or something, or you can catch me on MSN/yahoo/IRC. My MSN/Yahoo aren't always on, so let me know through steam or IRC, and I'll jump on. I'm trying to keep it only scrims and ED ladder games, but if you have a nice killing run or air rox or something, send it anyway. I need just the demo files and not the encoded avi.

At the moment I have raw movie files of some Heavy runs from me, and robs ownage as a scout against fcuk. Need MOAR ppl, as the frag video should showcase the whole snuke team bringing the pain! I'll update this post accordingly with more info.

Update: 24th September, 5.00 am.
Right, couldn't sleep so I messed around with some demos and made a part of the intro for the video. This is just a part of the intro. I still have to figure out a logo or something for the start; any ideas? This is completely unfinished btw. A lot of work has to be done on it like compression, interleaving, syncing etc. Also, I haven't showcased everyone in this video, so please don't be offended if you don't see yourself there (yet). I'm encoding more as we speak. I am going for HD version (at least 720x480). Please tell me what you guys think, I swear I can handle it! Music-wise I have a pretty wide taste and I heard this song last week at my mates, and was like "Damn, that will make a sweet intro song", so I slapped it on here. Haven't done any syncing so music can be changed. That said, enjoy.

http://www.vimeo.com/1801060

Update: 25th September, 1.51 pm.
Messed around last nite with an intro sequence and added it onto to the showcase bit at the start. At first I thought about a flyby sequence where in one take (so to speak) I could fly literally through a few maps, seamlessly melding into each other. I tried a few shots of badlands, gravelpit and fastlane, but for some reason I can't keep my hand steady and it ends up real choppy. I know there is a way to do it through Demo Smoothing, but I can't get my head around all those keys and targets and such. So I gave up and went for the simpler approach Razz Still rough mind you, but the intro is taking shape slowly, but surely. Enjoy.

http://www.vimeo.com/1810500

Peace.

Last edited by Grem` on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:58 am; edited 4 times in total
Grem`

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snuke Frag Video

Post  hezitate on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Lowered my sensitivity since that match to try and help me aim... better Razz

As for the demo of mine, it was pretty rubbish but i do have some funky shots on mutliplay deathmatch servers, I'll spend some time getting used to this sensitivity and then try and get some sort of footage (and then there is ofcourse the eXs match on Tuesday!) maybe from some pugs as well

!

hezitate
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:13 pm

hezitate wrote:Lowered my sensitivity since that match to try and help me aim... better Razz

As for the demo of mine, it was pretty rubbish but i do have some funky shots on mutliplay deathmatch servers, I'll spend some time getting used to this sensitivity and then try and get some sort of footage (and then there is ofcourse the eXs match on Tuesday!) maybe from some pugs as well

!

Send us some of those funky shots. SOme footage to get me going atleast bounce
Grem`

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:25 pm

First Post updated. Arrow
Grem`

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:30 am

Is there a way for me to send you individual shots rather than entire demos because ive got some cool midairs but not then the whole demo is like 30mins or something Razz

hezitate
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  motiv on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:45 am

very nice grem, although where the hell did you get me ubering a scout Very Happy

hezi, you can always download fraps and use that to take those scenes Smile
motiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:49 am

Nah, the free version of fraps makes such horrible quality recordings I think Grem'd be left with footage that looked much worse than the rest of the vid, then.

You could just tell him the timings (tick points) of the good bits, there's demo commands to jump to them and playback from there.

Last edited by Adel on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Adel
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:52 am

Pretty cool vid so far btw Very Happy (although shame a lot of your freeze-frames are blurry).

Also rofl at the fact your intro to Hez is him missing a scout at point-blank Laughing Laughing

Adel
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:13 am

Haha Very Happy

Yea i love it !

hezitate
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  motiv on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:28 am

Hey Grem, if you want a song for my bit

MIA - Paper Planes. Suits me to the ground Smile

Really like what you've done. Spot on. Really looking forward to you doing me and adel justice. Just remember...we're your medic. Don't make us look rubbish or else Razz
motiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  motiv on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:37 am

must read your post better, your not after music Smile

yes your music top drawer

(goes and wipes his eyes)
motiv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Poop on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:26 am

Pretty cool!

Another idea for another video (if you intend to do so) - you could go for a cliche slow-mo video with Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings. You will all have heard it before. Very Happy
Poop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KillingYouGuy! on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:15 am

Can you record a demo of yourself in 3rd person? Or does the basic demo have the option to switch perspectives (is it just recording frames of what you see, or game inputs like the Halo 3 game recorder does, replaying all the inputs in-engine to recreate the match action?)
KillingYouGuy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:49 am

Cheers for the tips guys. Yeah the slow-mo is till blurry, as I have to get the fps and interlacing right there.

Can you record a demo of yourself in 3rd person? Or does the basic demo have the option to switch perspectives (is it just recording frames of what you see, or game inputs like the Halo 3 game recorder does, replaying all the inputs in-engine to recreate the match action?)

You can't record in third-person, but if you record a normal game, whilst I'm recording I can switch between first and third person views using sv_cheats 1.

Also rofl at the fact your intro to Hez is him missing a scout at point-blank
although where the hell did you get me ubering a scout

Haha, lets just say not all those demos are of actual snuke members... Razz I took some creative liberties. Those videos are not final. If I find better footage, the videos might change.

Is there a way for me to send you individual shots rather than entire demos because ive got some cool midairs but not then the whole demo is like 30mins or something

No, unfortunately mate. Thats the only problem with Source Demos. Can you upload it somewhere mate, or send it to me through IRC? Just let me know the tick points, and I'll do the rest.
Grem`

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:55 am

Be ready grem, ill be sending demos your way for some footage then tonight!

hezitate
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:16 am

hezitate wrote:Be ready grem, ill be sending demos your way for some footage then tonight!

Hit me up yo!
Grem`

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Poop on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:39 am

Once you finish the video, you should put it on the snuke homepage!
Poop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Here's one of me melee-ing as medic on Doomy's earlier. It's quite embarassing actually 'cos I just get repeatedly dominated by Rhosauce as demo (I swear her bottle has twice the range of my ubersaw) but hopefully you can pull some good moments out for the vid. I think there's a few where I get both Rho and Poop (as scout) in one go which should be good. And in fact quite a few where I take poop out as he tries to jump around me Very Happy Medic owning scout always makes for good video...

mediafire.com ?sharekey=8de0badf346fe87dd2db6fb9a8902bda

Adel
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Adel wrote:Here's one of me melee-ing as medic on Doomy's earlier. It's quite embarassing actually 'cos I just get repeatedly dominated by Rhosauce as demo (I swear her bottle has twice the range of my ubersaw) but hopefully you can pull some good moments out for the vid. I think there's a few where I get both Rho and Poop (as scout) in one go which should be good. And in fact quite a few where I take poop out as he tries to jump around me Very Happy Medic owning scout always makes for good video...

mediafire.com ?sharekey=8de0badf346fe87dd2db6fb9a8902bda

Cheers mate. Looking through it now.
Grem`

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:58 am

First Post updated Arrow
Grem`

View user profile

Back to top Go down