This forum is now locked. But memories are lolz.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Servers are up!

5 posters

Go down

Servers are up! Empty Servers are up!

Post  hezitate Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:23 pm

Right, finally got us a TF2 + vent server off Multiplay.co.uk

First month is paid just to make sure everything is ok and people dont have any ping issues or anything like that

Its a 16 slot + 16 slot vent for only £16 a month which seems pretty decent tbh, the server address is:

85.236.101.56:27515

And the vent, ill hand out, incase someone sneaky tries to get in Razz (or ask grem)

Next step is config!! - I'll also have a word with Grey and see if he can teach me things

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Servers are up! Empty Re: Servers are up!

Post  Admin Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:38 am

Excellent work fella! Very Happy Laughing

PM me paypal details or similar so I can chip in.

Just looking at ED rules and found the following:

TF2 (4) Demos

1. Source TV must be used during all matches and must be made available upon request to both the opposing clan CL or D/CL and to any ED Admins, Source TV demos should be retained for two weeks after the date the match was played. If there are issues with use of sourceTV, sourcetv can be stopped but personal demos MUST be recorded by all players.

Do we need an extra slot on the server for this? Never used SourceTV so not sure myself Embarassed

Also this:

TF2 (7) Server Settings

1. The below settings are mandatory and should not be changed under any circumstances:

• sv_secure 1

• sv_consistency 1

please download the latest configs from http://www.devotii.com/downloads/games/fps/hl2/tf2/configs
2. The configs downloaded include two types with three versions of each. There is a Crit and a No Crit set of configs all with the following timelimits - edtf2crit(default), edtf245crit, edtf260crit. For nocrit matches use edtf2, edtf245, edtf260. One of these configs MUST be used in all matches.

Cheers...

Mark (Jagbama).

Admin
Admin

https://snuke.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:59 am

Cool, I'll be home later after work and will try and get some (even if they are very basic) configs setup for the server, the clanforge GUI that multiplay uses to help you manage the server seems pretty helpful and straightforward so if we can get together what needs to be on the configs, I can setup a few different ones for matches/public play etc

Also, as for donations towards it, I'll find out my paypal address when i get home, cant remember which i used Razz

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  motiv Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:10 am

excellent news. Time for some scrimming Smile
motiv
motiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:49 am

This might be a really silly question, but how do I get on the server? I want to check that I can connect OK and that it doesn't disconnect me like some do. But trying to join just says "server not responding". I guess maybe I need a password, but can't see anywhere to put one in...

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:12 am

For me the 'Server not responding' dialog pops up for a sec and then goes away.
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:44 am

Yeah, I've now discovered that when the "not responding" box pops up, if I just wait and don't click anything for about 5 secs, it connects me and starts loading the map. Which is odd, but whatever, so long as it works.

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum