This forum is now locked. But memories are lolz.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UKeSA Championship

+7
Rhosauce
They said
Toasty
r7an
Adel
Trane
Grem`
11 posters

Go down

UKeSA Championship Empty UKeSA Championship

Post  Grem` Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:51 am

Right, it seems the big clans are really pushing for getting TF2 into the premiership. The way to get to the premiership is if there are enough people signed up for the Championship. Now, the sting in the tail is that it costs money per player to get into and play in the Championship. £7 pounds or so. I knew this, and seeing we are still a 'fun' sort of clan, I didn't approach you guys with this, as I'm sure not a lot of people would want to do this. But then, this happened:

Code:

[17:22] <[4K^agron]> you guys going to sign up for Ukesa?
[17:22] <[4K^agron]> do it :]
[17:22] <@Grem`> we're signed up to the open div
[17:22] <[4K^agron]> champs baby
[17:22] <[4K^agron]> that's where it's at
[17:22] <@Grem`> dunno if there's interest for the championship tho
[17:22] <@Grem`> :>
[17:23] <[4K^agron]> so what's the prob?
[17:23] <[4K^agron]> if it's money
[17:23] <[4K^agron]> we can pay 6 guys for you
[17:24] <@Grem`> dunno mate
[17:24] <@Grem`> that might be asking too much
[17:24] <[4K^agron]> how come?
[17:24] <[4K^agron]> we'd like you to sign up
[17:24] <@Grem`> would you really wanna pay for a div5 team?
[17:24] <[4K^agron]> and get your steam guids ready by tomorrow
[17:24] <[4K^agron]> yes
[17:24] <[4K^agron]> 6 guys, 45 quids
[17:24] <[4K^agron]> all yours
[17:25] <[4K^agron]> if you sign up by tomorrow
[17:25] <@Grem`> hmm
[17:25] <[4K^agron]> and i know hez
[17:25] <[4K^agron]> played in frac with him
[17:25] <[4K^agron]> nice guy :]
[17:25] <@Grem`> yea
[17:25] <@Grem`> I haven't even running it by the guys tbh, but I just assumed they wouldn't be up for paying
[17:25] <@Grem`> run*
[17:25] <[4K^agron]> well
[17:25] <[4K^agron]> you're all uk?
[17:25] <@Grem`> uk/ireland
[17:26] <[4K^agron]> ye
[17:26] <[4K^agron]> you're one of the ez cases :)
[17:26] <@Grem`> lol
[17:26] <[4K^agron]> just get your boys signed up
[17:26] <[4K^agron]> and guids
[17:26] <[4K^agron]> and we'll pick up the bill
[17:26] <[4K^agron]> 6 guys
[17:26] <@Grem`> that's great of you mate
[17:27] <@Grem`> finally its to support the game, but still cheers
[17:27] <[4K^agron]> yep
[17:27] <[4K^agron]> think you guys can do that?
[17:27] <[4K^agron]> sign up and get ready by tomorrow
[17:27] <@Grem`> I'll run it by the lads and see what the story is
[17:27] <@Grem`> yea
[17:27] <[4K^agron]> ok, get crackin! :))
[17:28] <@Grem`> :)

So it seems 4K^ wants to sponsor us to play in the Championship. They want to pay for 6 members, and I'd say go for it. Now I sorta know this is a tricky issue and I hope I won't offend or alienate people, but the 6 that 4K are paying for should be our best 6. They should be available for 'at least' 1 game per week, which will be the Championship game, so that we produce our best lineup everytime and at least have a shot at a respectable position. The way it works is that the top 8 teams in the Championship get taken out of it and put in the Premiership (LAN competition etc). So we won't be facing people like 4K and TCM. But we would be facing div3/div4 clans.

So the six would be: Hez, Theysaid, Adel, Poop, Toasty, Grem. The others unfortunately need to pay if they wanna compete and the weird thing is we might need subs too. I have no problem paying if one of people not on the list wanna play but have trouble paying due to paypal etc. We need at least 2 subs, so 2 people have to pay either way. Sorry to drop this on you guys, but this caught me off by surprise as well. Please post and let me know what you think.

ps: Rob, get your guid entered super fast mate. We need you all green ticked and stuff.
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

UKeSA Championship Empty Re: UKeSA Championship

Post  Trane Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:55 am

Well I could sub if you want, but I'm not paying purely on principle.

Trane

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:01 am

1. We're struggling vs ETF2L div 5 teams. OK, we play for fun not just to win, but will losing every match vs much better teams be fun?

2. If 4K pay then there's a pretty strong...like...moral committment on our part to turn up on time for every match, stick it out to the end, etc etc. In other words, act professional about it. Anyone really committed enough to reschedule RL stuff for TF2 if necessary? (I actually am, up to a certain point anyway - though having said that, I start a full-time work placement the week after next and don't know quite how much free time I will still have)

3. What do we get out of this particular paid-for competition/league, that we don't get out of others? A higher standard of competition? The level of teams we play against atm seems OK - we win some and we lose some. The chance to do well, be put in premier, and go to LANs? LANs are not a huge draw for me, might be for others though?

4. If we do decide we wanna compete in this league, do we actually want 4k to pay for us? If we are gonna play in it then I wouldn't object massively to paying £7 myself, and would prefer to do that than be indebted to some ppl I've never talked to from the point of not then being obligated to them. That's assuming that there are in fact good reasons to play in this league rather than our current free ones. (and on which note, Hez message me some time about server costs will you?...I do feel I ought to contribute a little)

Sorry that seems like I'm totally against the idea...I'm actually not, just trying to think of possible objections. I have an open mind to being convinced Wink

Last edited by Adel on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:09 am

Yes. Agron said 4K would pay for 6 members. Now you must realise that this money isn't coming out of Four Kings pockets. They are being sponsored by god knows how many companies. As for standard of play, obviously its gonna be high, and well organised as well. There won't be LAN comps in the Championship. But the top in each division get prizes like headsets, mice etc. The Championship will be divided into divisions like ETF2L, so we won't be in divisions with 4K or any other high class clans. I won't reorganise RL commitments for TF2, but I think we can fit this in our schedule the way it is now. Less pub play, more match play.

I wanna explain this further, but I'm off to the cinema now. Soz!
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:12 am

Ah, I just realised that strange box quote thing you posted has a scrollbar! I only read the first bit. I guess the rest might answer some questions Embarassed *reads*

edit2: in fact, yeah, whatever, what have we got to lose by signing up? Aside from potentially being a bit embarassed at wasting other ppl's money. Go for it. So long as there's some flexibility to scheduling matches it'll be OK I guess.

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:16 am

Adel wrote:Ah, I just realised that strange box quote thing you posted has a scrollbar! I only read the first bit. I guess the rest might answer some questions Embarassed *reads*

Aye. And 4K isn't supporting us because of the goodness of their hearts. They're supporting other clans too. This is because they want to maximise the clans that signup to the Championship, so that TF2 gets picked up by the Premiership. If this happens, 4K have a shot at walking away with a lot of money if they win the Premiership. So this is a small prize to pay. Also, we would be playing teams like IrS and stuff!

Ok, I'm off now, for real.
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  r7an Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:19 am

I wouldn't be against paying £7. It sounds pretty good and who knows, we might do ok.

But if we do go ahead with this we do need to practice a lot more as a team, imo.
r7an
r7an

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasty Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:30 am

im in

Toasty

Back to top Go down

Post  They said Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:35 am

Still coming up my steam id is in use and I have no idea who to pm about it.

They said

Back to top Go down

Post  Adel Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:05 pm

They said wrote:Still coming up my steam id is in use and I have no idea who to pm about it.

Stick a post here: http://forums.enemydown.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=52
perhaps?

Adel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhosauce Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:24 pm

I'm not interested until I get better.

Rhosauce
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xian Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:46 pm

Rhosauce wrote:I'm not interested until I get better.

ditto for me
Xian
Xian
Pyromainiac

Back to top Go down

Post  jagbama Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:50 pm

Rho, Xian, sorry to hear you are unwell, get well soon. <3

(Both of you are good players IMO)

Our standard of play is fine, apart from teamwork and comms - both of which will improve over time, remember it's still early days for us :-)

I think it's a smooth move by 4K. Obviously it's in their interests as well, but c'mon guys, why not?

DO IT. Agree with the 6 picked. I think we should have a couple of subs and will stump up the cash myself for them - agree with Trane on the principle but have some spare cash so Very Happy

I'm sure one day we'll have a "donate" link on the website, just like Doomys lol

And GJ Grem btw. Hanging out talking to strange men on teh intarwebs ftw Shocked Laughing
jagbama
jagbama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hezitate Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:56 pm

I am definitely up for this.

hezitate
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grem` Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:50 am

Check new forums for new post!
Grem`
Grem`

Back to top Go down

Post  Poop Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm up for it when my laptop is repaired. (Hopefully soon)
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down